Saturday 1 October 2011

I am...

I am a woman, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend.
I may not be beautiful but I hope that I am capable of seeing beauty and praise it when  deserved.
I may not be the smartest, but I am intelligent enough.
I am open-minded enough to accept differing opinions and varied notions.
I am soft-hearted enough to share in others' pain and rejoice in their happiness.
I am a woman, who once was a girl full of dreams and hopes.
I am a mother who revels in her children.
I am a wife who loves too much and maybe a bit too little.
I am a sister who can be there for her siblings, yet show tough love.
I am a daughter who is all grown yet acts a child.
I am a friend who will listen without judgment and give a lending hand.
I am all these. 
And I am one more.  A shameful, dark secret.
I am a statistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment